Posted by Erich Wimberly, Youth Pastor.
Checkout the previous post from InsideOut: Praying to Know God
Personal Prayer Tips:
1. Set aside a specific time to pray.
2. Pray in a designated spot where you are away from other people, you’re comfortable but won’t fall asleep, and you won’t get distracted.
3. Find a scripture that you connect with, and pray it back to God. Talk to God about it. Ask Him tons of questions.
4. Put some worship music on in the background.
Check out this video example of praying scripture back to God.
If you need some ideas for scripture to pray back to God here are a few:
- Psalm 139; Psalm 23; Ephesians 1:15-23; Ephesians 3:14-21; Palm 36; Romans 8:38-39; I Peter 1:18-19; Philippians 2:6-11; John 17:24-26